My life in Seoul is challenging. And I hope that's not an understatement...or melodramatic. Life is always difficult, but recently I don't feel like I'm climbing uphill anymore. It's more like the hill has shot up into a steep 180 degree angle from the place where I started. And instead of climbing, I find myself just holding on for dear life sometimes, letting my fingernails sink into the dirt, and praying I don't accidentally slip off.
In Japan this July, my friend Shihoko made me a traditional wall hanging. I put it on the wall of my bedroom next to my clothes rack. It reminds me of my life. I wish I could hang it up next to me on this metaphorical hill I'm dangling from, too. Anyway, here is what is written right to left in vertical calligraphy (Japanese style):
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
I'm trying...so hard...
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Alice,
Just wanted to encourage you to keep dangling, but when it gets too tough, let go and rest on the everlasting arms. You may not be as far from a foothold as you think.
Things here are much the same, only much colder than last week. I got a new manual for teaching Business English and I'm excited about the possibilities in Czech. Only a few more weeks to go. It is also the season of lots of food celebrations, cookies, candies, etc. Need to eat less, exercise more and lead a healthy life so it lasts a long time.
Your still in my prayers. Love, and God's blessings, Dee
Post a Comment