
It seems strange to sit here in my family's living room and reflect on what my life may be like in a year or 6 months, or even 6 days for that matter. Things are always changing in the world, but at the same time, they're not changing. It's one of those great paradoxes of life. And right now I find myself in a transition, holding my breath for change.
I suppose that moving across the globe to live in a foreign culture will change me a bit, but I doubt that it will shake the essentials. The sun continually rises in the east, Japanese beetles invade the roses each summer, and humans are...well, humans. We're works in progress. And I have a feeling that this experience may highlight that fact for me. :) Regardless, the important things in life remain the same.
I am excited to taste what this opportunity has to offer me. I anticipate a lot of flavors. And, like kimchi, there will probably be a lot going on in each bite. But I suppose that shouldn't make me too nervous. I have a feeling that God has something up his sleeve. He usually does.
I hope to hear from each of you often. I think I'll need a bit of American flavoring to add to my Korean-style life! I can't promise to be the world's best correspondent, but I will appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. And if you want to email me with news about your own life, that's more than okay, too! Until then...
4 comments:
Good Luck!!!
you are way more poetic in your writing than i am. :) i'm sorry that you have to wait longer- waiting is one of the hardest things. but i'm sure once you get there the waiting will all seem worth it. fortunately for me- i left so quickly i didn't have to wait... lol... hope you are well. :)
Everything happens for a reason, as you already know. I am excited to read your blog. I enjoyed it when you were in Germany. I'm sure South Korea will be just as exciting. This extra time will be good with your family and friends. A year is a long time!
You talk of kimchi as if you've only recently discovered it...HOW have you lived with yourself? Kimchi is the ultimate food!!! I thought you were supposed to extremely culturally aware!!!! AAA!!!
I mourn for your soul XD
Post a Comment