Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chuncheon Ice

I finally got to go skating for the first time since I've been in Korea. I visited Chuncheon last weekend. (One of the KAC workers is from Chuncheon, and he invited a group of teachers to visit him and his family.) This ice rink is really close to his house, so a bunch of us went to a public skate together. It was really fun. It had been about 2 months since I was on the ice, so there were a few shaky moments (see below), but all in all, it just felt really good. I miss my stress-relieving sport!

(Oh, and the Korean-speaking voice in the first video is Marvin, a teacher from Canada.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES!!!!
I am so happy for you! I haven't skated at all this summer, and hardly at all last spring, so I am so ready for the rink to reopen! I hope you get to skate more often than this, your lay back looks pretty :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice, Loved the videos. Looks like you were having a good time. We are having a Czech team get together on Fri in Momence so I will say Hi for you. Margaret is going also. Hope your work is going well. I kind of miss not going to Eng camp this summer, but have lots of other activities going on--rebuilt my deck. They will start on the dock tomorrow and the kitchen later in the summer. I'll keep checking in on your blog. Prayers & good thoughts. Dee