Anyway, I have decided that my host mother definitely falls into the interesting category. I think I will write a book someday and make her the comic foil. She is quite the character--always talking, always cooking, always worrying--and she twitches when she's trying to pay attention to someone. Plus, she's anal retentive about hairs on the floor. She has lectured me several times on the importance of picking up hair. If she sees a stray hair on the floor, she squacks (that's the closest way I can describe the sound) and gives me a demonstration on how I should address the task of picking up the hair and throwing it away. It's quite odd. So I suppose she could accurately be described as a busybody. But she's also good-hearted, so I'll try not to complain too much.
I live on the 25th story of a large apartment building. Apparently, it's one of the wealthiest places in the city. And I don't doubt it because everything here is top-notch in quality. The only drawback might be that all the buildings look alike: tall and off-white. As a result, I had a bit of a scenic adventure as I was returning home today...that is to say, I got a little lost. Landmarks are hard to come by. But luckily for me, the people in Seoul are helpful. When I stopped to ask for directions, I found out that I was only 5 minutes away from my apartment. So it all worked out.
3 comments:
Ha, your host mother would HATE me,I lose, like, 1/16th of my entire thing of hair a day xD
WOW, it sounds like you are off to a great start, I can not wait to hear more...how is your room mate???
I had a similar experience with not being able to find home in Tokyo, but with practice I could get back on my own. I also have 1 daughter that doesn't like hair. Guess we all have our things. Sounds like you are settling in well. I look forward to more entries. It is cool here. Only in the 60s, but sun at last. Dee
Post a Comment